For many seriously ill people, medicinal cannabis is the only medicine that relieves pain and suffering, or treats symptoms of their medical condition, without debilitating side effects.
The medicinal benefits of cannabis are undeniable, now demonstrated by decades of studies published in highly respected medical journals.
For some people, cannabis can:
- Alleviate symptoms of a wide range of debilitating medical conditions, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease, epilepsy, and Crohn’s Disease
- Act as a safer and more effective alternative to narcotic painkillers
- Treat severe pain
- Reduce nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy
- Stimulate appetite in AIDS patients
- Reduce intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma
- Reduce muscle spasticity in patients with neurological disorders
- Help manage some mental health conditions, particularly PTSD